Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Early morning determination.

Have any of you heard of NaNoWriMo? No? It stands for National Novel Writing Month and happens every November. It's awesome to see how many people submit exerpts of new stories that they are trying to get up to the 50,000 word limit. In a world where I feel like the written word is dying, I can have one month to forget all that and join in with the mass rush to squeeze out a partial novel in 30 days.

The object is to hit that 50,000 word mark. What do you win? Nothing. Bragging rights, I suppose. Who cares? It's fun, it keeps your mind in creative mode and you get to share with friends. It's just a great experience.

Gordon Davidescu was the one who introduced me to it in 2006, when I worked dilligently and fell under the 5,000 mark. Or was it 13,000? I can't remember now. I know I haven't gotten to the prestigous 50k, but there is always this year. And the next. And so on.

I set up my page for this year and am excited to start "Girdle" on the first of November.

No comments:

Post a Comment