Saturday, October 23, 2010

An alarm clock named Nyx.

I went to a birthday/Passion Party last night and had such a great time that I was straight into bed upon returning home. God, but I wanted sleep. After the Paranormal Activity 2 fiasco, my brain was ready to shut down for at least a couple days. Sadly, I couldn't take my Ambien because I had a 7a.m. wake-up time and it was near midnight. No eight hours possible.

Seven came and my cell phone obnoxiously attempted to rouse me out of bed. I laid there for about ten seconds before thinking "The HELL with this. I'm sleeping until eight and I can still make it on time". So I reset the alarm for eight and snuggled happily back into my pillows.

For about two minutes.

Nyx is only five months old and weighs just over four pounds, so she's easy to miss when she walks up the length of the bed. But when she gets very close to your face and lets out a resounding "MEOW", you have no choice but to wake up and give her attention.

I can't believe the amount of character this little cat has. So now I've been awake since just after seven and still dreading the day ahead. Don't get me wrong, I love my job. It's fun to be able to play in makeup and skincare so I can get the public excited about it enough to buy some for themselves. And Too Faced cosmetics just joined the beauty bar on Thursday, so it's even more exciting. New things to try! It's just that my body just doesn't want to keep up after two nights of poor sleep.

Oh, well. Here's to a new day and my Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment